Our footage revealing the latest insights, research and policies around cognitive health, infant nutrition, probiotics and diabetes took the top spots.
Take a look at the videos that received the most reader views over the past 12 months, and follow the links to see the full footage
1) VIDEO: Cognitive health - the challenge to educate consumers as Asia's population rapidly ages
As Asia's population rapidly ages, opportunities abound for the cognitive health sector, but consumers need to be educated that supplements should be considered before old age, according to supplier DSM and manufacturer Senescence.
2) VIDEO: Infant nutrition - the latest health demands, consumer trends and fortification needs in APAC
The challenges in the battle to provide adequate infant nutrition across APAC are as diverse as the region itself, with severe micronutrient deficiencies, stunting and, on the other hand, soaring obesity levels being witnessed, we discovered in this video with Danone and Mintel.
3) WATCH: Probiotics in China — ‘The market is set to explode’
The probiotics sector is forecast to soar by 23% in China to 2020 and even greater long-term growth beckons if the industry unites to better educate consumers and regulators. That’s the view of George Paraskevakos, executive director of the International Probiotics Association.
4) VIDEO - Singapore’s war on diabetes: Industry, academics and government 'need to line up like hunters'
With a staggering one million Singaporeans forecast to have type 2 diabetes by 2050 – that’ll be one-sixth of the population – this month’s edition of our popular Nutrition Asia video series assessed what is arguably South East Asia’s biggest health crisis.
5) Watch: Probiotics and diabetes — 'A fantastically exciting' area for research
Diabetes and other metabolic disorders are providing fertile ground for new probiotic research, said a DuPont expert who has highlighted new findings on supplementation and a reduced risk of gestational diabetes.