This year's event will take place at the Hilton Singapore from October 17 to 19.
- Paul Mannion — Director of Product Innovation, Blackmores
- Ger Rijkers — Professor of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University College Roosevelt, the Netherlands
- Craig Silbery — CEO, Life-Space
- Wai Mun Poon — Regulatory Affairs Consultant, Wong SJ Asia
- Michael Conlon — Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO
- Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh — School of Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Ng Qin Xiang — University of Singapore
Researchers and those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health are now being urged to submit abstracts to the scientific committee.
NutraIngredients-Asia Editor-in-Chief Scattergood said: "We are looking for abstracts presenting the latest state-of-the-art developments related to all aspects of prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science relevant to human health, well-being, consumers and industry. We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies."
Presentations and posters
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee. Successful authors will be invited to present their work either as an oral presentation or in the form of a poster at Probiota Asia.
Those whose abstracts are accepted as posters will receive a 50% discount on their registration for the conference.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research, or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged, including:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of '-omics' approaches in biomarker discovery, including the identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains
- Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and well-being, including mechanisms of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large-scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery methods, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
For full guidelines, please click here. The deadline is August 31.
Any questions about the abstract submission process or the poster session can be addressed to Claudia Rhynes.
For information on commercial opportunities at the event, please contact Caroline Yee.
Register as a delegate here.