The talk will be delivered by Dupont’s Dr Anders Henriksson, who is also a Research Fellow at the Food Science and Technology Programme under the Department of Chemistry at the National University of Singapore.
Anders said: “Prenatal periods may be associated with a range of conditions, which may affect the health of both mother and child. Gestational diabetes (GDM) as well as postnatal depression and anxiety are examples of conditions that may influence the mood of the mother, while bacterial vaginosis (BV) may not only lead to discomfort during pregnancy but also lead to adverse outcomes including preterm birth.
“Periodontal disease in the mother during pregnancy is another condition, which may lead to adverse pregnancy outcomes.”
Key insights will focus on:
• Probiotics to reduce the prevalence of GDM and symptoms of postnatal depression and anxiety
• Opportunities to control BV with probiotics
• Probiotics for reducing severity of periodontitis and systemic inflammation
• Opportunities to develop dietary supplements for enhanced prenatal health
Based in Australia, Anders supports DuPont products and research projects in related to dietary supplements, health and nutrition throughout the Asia Pacific Region.
He joined Danisco in 2008 as a senior scientist based in Singapore, where he led several development projects related to culture formulations for dairy and dietary supplement products. Before that he worked as a scientist with a major international food ingredients organisation, where he was involved in culture development and pre-clinical and clinical studies on probiotics and prebiotics.
He has a PhD in microbiology from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden and completed postdoctoral research in the field of gastrointestinal microbiology at Australia’s University of New South Wales.
The summit takes place between October 22 and 24 at the Hilton hotel, Singapore.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Sam Costello, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Head of IBD Research at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Adelaide
- Dr Gregory Lambert, CEO and VP of Research & Development, TargEDys
- Dr Natarajan Ranganathan, Founder and Managing Director of Kibow Biotech Inc
- Thomas Hayes, Analyst, Emerging Ecosystems in Agrifood & Health, Lux Research
- Dr Vineet Sharma, Associate Professor, Metagenomics and Systems Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal, India
- Lillian Fan, Antion (Beijing) Information Consulting Co., Ltd
- Dr Bejit Ideas, Laboratory Director, Japanese Society of Anti-Aging Nutrition
- Rieko Shofu, Founder, Sensing Asia
- Ewa Hudson, Director of Insights, Lumina Intelligence, William Reed Business Media
- Dr Shanthi Parkar, Science Team Leader, Microbiome & Metabolism, New Zealand of Plant & Food Research
A significant part of the summit will look at the link between the microbiome, nutrition, and a raft of health conditions, alongside major market insights, regulatory developments and consumer trends.
The 2019 event has already received sponsorship backing from valued partners DuPont, AB-Biotics, Morinaga, UASLabs, and Nutrasource.
To register, visit: https://www.probiotaasia.com/register/