It will feature extensive expert insights from a raft of big-name brands, leading academics, policy experts, and the most innovative suppliers, all focusing on the region with biggest growth potential for food, beverage, supplements, functional products and nutrition – Asia.
The 2022 face-to-face summit will feature:
- Day one dedicated to Healthy Ageing, incorporating our long-standing Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, in a region where 1.3bn people will be over the age of 60 by 2050.
- Day two will be dedicated to Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, incorporating our established Probiota Asia summit, as we connect the worlds of business and science in these fascinating, and booming, categories.
- And day three will be dedicated to Protein, incorporating our Protein Vision event, as we shine the spotlight on one of the fastest-growing categories, plant-based protein, as well as detailing the latest innovation in the emerging cultivated product space, and of course the traditional meat, dairy and seafood sectors.
Today we can reveal that Ryan Xue, Executive Director, China Plant Based Foods Alliance (CPBFA), will deliver a talk titled: ‘China’s Greater Food Revolution: Big protein supply changes on the way for the world’s biggest market’
His synopsis states: “With its population of 1.4 billion and growing, China is facing a daunting challenge in ensuring long-term food security for its citizens and balance between environmental and economic priorities. Earlier this year, President Xi Jinping released a historical statement on the “Greater Food Concept” a holistic, balanced policy towards food security, protein innovation and sustainable development that will reshape the trajectory for food system transformation in China.
"China’s Plant-Based Foods Alliance (CPBFA) and Agfood Future Foundation played a key role in making this happen, and in this presentation, it will be sharing China’s journey to get to this point, local protein innovation trends, major challenges still ahead as well as the opportunities set to be unlocked."
Key takeaways will include:
• China’s New Protein industry and why local stakeholders chose not to use the term ‘alternative protein’
• Key milestones that the industry has hit in China, including a set of progressive and industry-friendly plant-based product standards
• Major driving factors for the New Protein sector in China, from health and wellness to sustainability and more
• How the sector predicts New Protein progress will be accelerated in light of renewed government focus, from funding to regulations
Ryan co-founded and leads the China Plant Based Foods Alliance (CPBFA), founded in 2018, and one of the first organizations to represent the plant-based foods and protein innovation sectors in China. CPBFA is backed by the State Food and Nutrition Consultant Committee (SFNCC) and numerous Government organizations in China, and connects more than 400 member organizations.
Ryan has a particular interest in the factors that influence consumer attitudes towards emerging protein sources. He also leads AgFood Future, a Beijing based non-profit which assists public and private sectors to address sustainable development challenges and enhance global Agri-Food low-carbon transformation through protein innovation.
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Gerben Kamps, Head of Global Business Development of Seafood Alternatives, Thai Union Group
- Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores
- Dr. Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili
- Laurent Stévenart, Singapore and UAE Country Manager, Impossible Foods
- Dr Sunny Wong, Associate Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, H&H Group (parent company of Biostime and Swisse)
- Dr Daisuke Fujiwara, General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin Holdings
- Dr Shao Quan Liu, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Food Science and Technology
- Aaron Yeo, Director of Operations, GOOD Meat
- Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Professor Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Alicia Ng, Vice President and Head of R&D for Wider Asia, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Jesse Gu, Head of Sales and Marketing, BYHEALTH International
- Carrie Chan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avant
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Dr Saishreyas Sundarajoo, Head of Clinical Affairs, AMiLi
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Melrose Health
- Dr Roberto Grau, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR) and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas (CONICET), Argentina
- Sanghyun Lim, Principal Researcher, Cell Biotech
- Tony Hunter, Global Strategic Foresight Consultant, Food Scientist and Speaker, Food Futurist
- Dr Dai Chen, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS) and CTO Probicient
We will also be hosting a condensed digital event, consisting of three 90-minute broadcasts on the same topics the following week, from 18-20 October.
Throughout both events, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial rewards on offer.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head: APAC at publisher William Reed’s Global Brands division, said: “We are delighted to be able to return to live events here in Singapore, home to our regional HQ, and are thrilled with the stellar line-up of industry experts who will be sharing their insights.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone to our summit as we showcase the huge potential for growth across the Healthy Ageing, Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, and Protein sectors here in Asia.”
We also have extensive sponsorship opportunities for innovative brands to partner with us to showcase their solutions across the Healthy Ageing category, Probiotics, Prebiotics and Microbiome space, and the Protein sectors. For more information, contact Sueann.email@example.com.