Growth Asia Summit 2022: Singapore event underway with keynotes from Blackmores, BYHEALTH International, Yili and more!
The three day event is taking place at the iconic Marina Bay Sands venue from 11-13 October.
It features extensive expert insights from a raft of big-name brands, leading academics, policy experts, and the most innovative suppliers, all focusing on the region with biggest growth potential for food, beverage, supplements, functional products and nutrition – Asia.
- Day one is dedicated to Healthy Ageing, incorporating our long-standing Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, in a region where 1.3bn people will be over the age of 60 by 2050.
- Day two is dedicated to Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, incorporating our established Probiota Asia summit, as we connect the worlds of business and science in these fascinating, and booming, categories.
- And day three is dedicated to Protein, incorporating our Protein Vision event, as we shine the spotlight on one of the fastest-growing categories, plant-based protein, as well as detailing the latest innovation in the emerging cultivated product space, and of course the traditional meat, dairy and seafood sectors.
The full list of confirmed keynote for day one is:
- Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores
- Dr. Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili
- Dr Daisuke Fujiwara, General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin Holdings
- Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Professor Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Emma Burchell, Director of Operations, Complementary Medicines Australia
- Alicia Ng, Vice President and Head of R&D for Wider Asia, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Jesse Gu, Head of Sales and Marketing, BYHEALTH International
- Dr Kalpana Bhaskaran, Head, Centre for Applied Nutrition Services & Glycemic Index Research Unit, Temasek Polytechnic
- Ee Fern Wong, Secretary, Malaysian Dietary Supplements Association (MADSA)
- William Tov, Associate Professor of Psychology, Singapore Management University
- Christian Philippsen, Managing Director, BENEO Asia Pacific
Speakers for days two and three include:
- Gerben Kamps, Head of Global Business Development of Seafood Alternatives, Thai Union Group
- Dr Sunny Wong, Associate Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, H&H Group (parent company of Biostime and Swisse)
- Dr Shao Quan Liu, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Food Science and Technology
- Aaron Yeo, Director of Operations, GOOD Meat
- Carrie Chan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avant
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Dr Saishreyas Sundarajoo, Head of Clinical Affairs, AMiLi
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Melrose Health
- Dr Roberto Grau, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR) and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas (CONICET), Argentina
- Sanghyun Lim, Principal Researcher, Cell Biotech
- Tony Hunter, Global Strategic Foresight Consultant, Food Scientist and Speaker, Food Futurist
- Dr Dai Chen, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS) and CTO Probicient
- Dr Shaun Sim, Senior Research Fellow, Nutrition, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI)
There will also be a condensed digital event, consisting of three 90-minute broadcasts on the same topics the following week, from 18-20 October. Register here.
Throughout both events, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial rewards on offer.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head: APAC at publisher William Reed’s Global Brands division, said: “We are delighted to have returned to live events here in Singapore, home to our regional HQ, and are thrilled with the stellar line-up of industry experts who are sharing their insights to a packed conference hall.
"We look forward to providing lots of content from the event across our sites in the coming days and weeks."