Under the theme of Trends and Innovation Opportunities Across the Life Stages, the summit will explore the very latest market opportunities across the region that is driving the growth of the global food, beverage and nutrition industries – Asia!
On day one, we will be assessing Infant and Maternal Nutrition, and Women’s Health
On day two, we will be focusing on Active Nutrition, Protein Innovation, and Men’s Health.
And on day three we’ll be shining the spotlight on Healthy Ageing and Personalised Nutrition and Future Food Innovation.
Throughout the three-day summit, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial food, beverage and nutrition rewards on offer across all life stages.
On day one, Dr Tsz-Ning Mak, Head of the Nestle Institute of Health Sciences Singapore Hub, will deliver a keynote titled ‘Mind the gap: Nutritional inadequacies in toddlers and school children and solutions to tackle them.’
She said: “For optimal growth and development, toddlers and school children require a balanced and diverse diet with adequate nutrition. However, the prevalence of inadequate intake of micronutrients is high across many geographies while overnutrition of macronutrients is common. This presentation will provide a global view of the dietary realities among children, and a special focus on the magnitude of micronutrient inadequacies in Asian children. Solutions to overcome nutritional gaps, including tailored fortification of food products and personalised nutrition services, will also be showcased."
Key takeaways will include:
- Dietary inadequacies affect almost all children across the world, driven by reasons such as different dietary habits, food supply and availability
- Nestle's global research into dietary intakes in toddlers and school children highlights common nutrient gaps such as fibre, vitamin D across countries, while inadequacies in iron, zinc, vitamin C can vary between geographies
- Products and services targeting specific nutrient inadequacies can improve overall diet to support normal growth and development in children
Other speakers include:
- Jorg Hager, Expert in Genetics and Nutrigenomics, Nestle Institute of Health Sciences
- Gregg Ward VP, Science Nutrition & Digital Health, China, North Asia & Oceania, Head of Danone Open Science Research Center, Danone Early Life Nutrition
- Aashim Malhotra VP & Managing Director – APAC, Food and Beverage Group, Dole Sunshine Company
- Sachin Prasad, Vice President, Commercial Strategy, Mondelēz
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, H&H Group
- Bejit Ideas, President, Japanese Society of Anti-Ageing Nutrition
- Andy Huang, Head of Formula Design, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Deepapriya Velumani, NPD Brand Lead, Wellness, Haleon
- Dr Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili Group
- Nathan Cheong, Chief Executive Officer, Melrose Health Group
- Mikio Aoki, Senior General Manager, Future Business Development Department, Suntory
- Celia Yibing Ning, Director, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Dr Yang Hee Cho, Vice President, Innovation & Science Korea & Japan, Amway
- Ashley Chung, Chief Marketing Officer, Yuhan Care
- Prof Christiani Jeyakumar Henry, Deputy Executive Director, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
- Astrid Prajogo, Founder & CEO, Haofood
- Dr Sumanto Haldar, Principal Investigator, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief and Regional Head: APAC, said: "We are thrilled to announce the return of the Growth Asia Summit for 2023, after such a successful return to live face-to-face events last year.
"By broadening our content themes to span all life-stages, we will be able to drill down into the key opportunities, innovations, ingredients and trends that are propelling growth across the region.
"We are also delighted to announce the NutraIngredients-Asia Awards will be held on the evening of the opening day, as we recognise the brightest and best nutrition companies, individuals and initiatives alongside our flagship summit."
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities, contact email@example.com