Under the theme of Trends and Innovation Opportunities Across the Life Stages, the summit will explore the very latest market opportunities across the region that is driving the growth of the global food, beverage and nutrition industries – Asia!
On day one, we will be assessing Infant and Maternal Nutrition, and Women’s Health
On day two, we will be focusing on Active Nutrition, Protein Innovation, and Men’s Health.
And on day three we’ll be shining the spotlight on Healthy Ageing and Personalised Nutrition and Future Food Innovation.
Throughout the three-day summit, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial food, beverage and nutrition rewards on offer across all life stages.
On day three, Greg McPherson, the founder of biotech firm SRW and a former CEO of MitoQ, will deliver a talk titled: 'Harnessing the hallmarks of ageing for healthspan extension'.
He said: "As researchers start to unpack the key reasons we age and explore the differences between long lived mammals and humans, we open doors to the potential of significant life extension. Progress is exponentially accelerating, and it will not be long before therapies arrive that extend both healthspan and lifespan.
Advances in the measurement of cellular ageing are also converging to help researchers rapidly test interventions for their effectiveness. For now, we understand the behavioural and lifestyle factors that slow cellular ageing. Next will be the validation of natural ingredients that modulate aging pathways. Therapeutics will quickly follow with gene therapies and cellular re-programming technology on the horizon, it will mean that over the next two decades everyone will have access to extended health and lifespans."
Three key takeaways from his talk will include
- Discover the twelve key drivers of ageing at a cellular level and the molecules of promise for modulating these processes.
- Learn about third generation DNA methylation clocks, the Pace of Ageing score, and their importance as a leading indicator of health and health risk.
- The pathway towards significant life extension and the why this will be the most significant advance in healthcare in a generation.
Other speakers include:
- Gregg Ward VP, Science Nutrition & Digital Health, China, North Asia & Oceania, Head of Danone Open Science Research Center, Danone Early Life Nutrition
- Aashim Malhotra VP & Managing Director – APAC, Food and Beverage Group, Dole Sunshine Company
- Sachin Prasad, Vice President, Commercial Strategy, Mondelēz
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, H&H Group
- Bejit Ideas, President, Japanese Society of Anti-Ageing Nutrition
- Andy Huang, Head of Formula Design, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Deepapriya Velumani, NPD Brand Lead, Wellness, Haleon
- Dr Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili Group
- Nathan Cheong, Chief Executive Officer, Melrose Health Group
- Mikio Aoki, Senior General Manager, Future Business Development Department, Suntory
- Celia Yibing Ning, Director, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Dr Tsz-Ning Mak, Head, Nestle Institute of Health Sciences Singapore Hub
- Dr Yang Hee Cho, Vice President, Innovation & Science Korea & Japan, Amway
- Ashley Chung, Chief Marketing Officer, Yuhan Care
- Prof Christiani Jeyakumar Henry, Deputy Executive Director, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
- Astrid Prajogo, Founder & CEO, Haofood
- Dr Sumanto Haldar, Principal Investigator, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
Sponsors for the event to date are: Morinaga, SynbioTech, Kerry, Valio, Friesland Campina, Symrise, Beneo, Roquette, Epicor, IFF, Winclove Probiotics, Probiotical, AAK and ProDigest.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief and Regional Head: APAC, said: "We are thrilled to announce the return of the Growth Asia Summit for 2023, after such a successful return to live face-to-face events last year.
"By broadening our content themes to span all life-stages, we will be able to drill down into the key opportunities, innovations, ingredients and trends that are propelling growth across the region.
"We are also delighted to announce the NutraIngredients-Asia Awards will be held on the evening of the opening day, as we recognise the brightest and best nutrition companies, individuals and initiatives alongside our flagship summit."
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities, contact email@example.com