The Education, Awareness, Engagement, Network (EAEN) awardswere held to mark the contribution of companies and individuals in the progression of India’s thriving nutraceutical sector.
ENAC CEO Sandeep Gupta said: “The ENAC Board has recognised each achiever with a specific and unique title for helping to create novel opportunities in the nutraceutical sector by merging scientific discovery with growing consumer interest in health and wellness.”
The full list of winners is:
- Company of the Era - Vital Nutraceutical Pvt Ltd
- Most Innovative & Scientific Ingredient of the Era – ASTAREAL for natural astaxanthin, Haematococcus pluvialis
- Influencer Media Platform of the Era - Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief, NutraIngredients-Asia, for education, awareness, engagement and network activities.
- Change Agent of the Era - Shri Pawan Kumar Agarwal, CEO FSSAI, for fostering collaboration between industry, government and public.
- Most Disruptive & Innovative Ingredient Launch of the Year - Gangwal Group of Companies. For Vitashine, a natural and vegetarian vitamin D3 from lichen.
- Nutraceutical Influencer of the Era - Sanjaya Mariwala, managing director, OmniActive Health
- Innovative Ingredient - Generex Pharmassist for Sunactive Fe
- Most Innovative & Disruptive Technology of the Year - Olive Healthcare, for Veg Soft Capsules
- Pioneer of the Year - SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce for the Post Graduate Diploma in Food Technology & Nutraceutical Course
Gupta added: “Due to unfortunate reasons of the coronavirus outbreak we were unable to hand out all of the awards in person, especially to those based overseas.
“However, the spirit is of appreciating and recognising their achievements and we are proud to crown them with the respective titles.”
Editor-in-Chief of NutraIngredients-Asia, Gary Scattergood, said: “It was an honour to receive this award in recognition of the market-leading news, insights and analysis we seek to provide across the globe. On behalf of the entire NutrIngredients team, I would like to thank ENAC and we look forward to continuing shining the spotlight on the thriving nutraceutical sector in India.”