The awards ceremony will take place in Singapore on September 22, the evening before Vitafoods Asia 2020 gets underway.
They are open to companies across the globe, providing its products or ingredients are available in at least one APAC market.
The 14 award categories are:
- Ingredient of the Year: Sports Nutrition
- Ingredient of the Year: Cognitive Function New for 2020
- Ingredient of the Year: Healthy Ageing
- Ingredient of the Year: Weight Management
- Ingredient of the Year: Prebiotic New for 2020
- Probiotic Product of the Year
- Botanical Product of the Year
- Omega-3 Product of the Year
- Sports Nutrition Product of the Year New for 2020
- Personalised Nutrition Initiative
- Start-up Award
- Nutrition Research Project
- NutraChampion award
- Editors’ Award for Infant and Child Nutrition Innovation New for 2020
The cost per entry is US$199 for all categories except the NutraChampion award and Editors’ Award for Infant and Child Nutrition Innovation, for which entry is free. Entries will close on May 11.
Judging and winning
The awards will feature a panel of esteemed judges with a wealth of experience in APAC’s health and nutrition industry, including Carl Gibson, CEO of Complementary Medicines Australia; Jeff Crowther, executive director of HPA-China; Sandeep Gupta, chairman of the Standard Review Group (SRG) for nutraceuticals at Indian regulator FSSAI; Michelle Teodoro, food science and nutrition analyst at Mintel; and Dr Siti Noorbaiyah Binti Abdul Malek, Associate Professor at the Singapore Institute of Technology.
The NutraIngredients-Asia Awards will follow the NutraIngredients Awards in May and the NutraIngredients-USA Awards in July, which means entrants have the chance to be crowned winners across APAC, Europe and the Americas.
NutraIngredients-Asia editor-in-chief Gary Scattergood said: "Our awards will again shine the spotlight on the companies responsible for innovation and excellence across finished products, ingredients and research.
"We have recruited a top-class judging panel from across industry and academia to ensure each category is effectively assessed in a fair and impartial manner.
"We are looking forward to crowning the industry's brightest and best in September."
To find out more about the awards, visit our website.
To attend the awards ceremony, RSVP here.
To find out about our comprehensive sponsor packages at the event, please email email@example.com