Australian supplement firms have seen their regional sales soar in recent years, on the back of rising incomes in Asia, their 'clean and green' reputation, and the growth in e-commerce retail.
So it's perhaps little surprise we saw huge interest in our coverage of these major players in 2018, aided by exclusive interviews ith a number of senior industry execs.
Take a look at our top five stories here...
1) BioCeuticals MD exclusive interview part 2: 'We've doubled business without the benefit of China boom'
Continuous innovation, new product launches, and comprehensive education services have seen BioCeuticals — the Blackmores-owned practitioner-only supplement firm — double its sales over the past four years, its MD told us in this exclusive interview.
2) Probiotic manufacturer Evolution Health smashes China Singles' Day sales record
Australian probiotic manufacturer Evolution Health recorded its highest ever China Singles' Day sales, cementing its position as the bestselling probiotic brand on the Tmall platform.
3) Blackmores CEO exclusive, part two: 'We need to move beyond bottles of pills'
New Blackmores CEO Richard Henfrey pledged that the firm will look to move beyond selling 'bottles of pills', hinting that a more personalised nutrition approach featuring tests and value-added services could be an option.
4) Swisse aims to transform food waste into supplement ingredients to help slash Australia's $8bn economic burden
Vitamin manufacturer Swisse threw its weight behind the Australian government's efforts to curb the country's $8bn food waste burden by converting more local by-products and unwanted produce into supplement ingredients.
5) Probiotics and mental health: 'A promising area for our future research' — Yakult
Yakult revealed it was planning to investigate the effects of probiotic consumption on mental health conditions, following positive results from an initial trial in relation to physical stress.