The interactive broadcast series, organised by FoodNavigator-Asia and NutraIngredients-Asia, ran from October 13 to November 17.
Viewed through the prism of six core categories that are primed for exponential growth across the region (Healthy ageing, probiotics and prebiotics, plant-based innovation, infant nutrition, active nutrition and reformulation and fortification) the series analyses the key new product developments, market access, consumer engagement, research and innovation strategies for success.
The events feature high-level video interviews, presentations and a live interactive video panel debate.
Speakers in the series include:
- Glenn Caton, President of SEA Business Unit at Mondelēz
- Dirk Aschmoneit, Senior Director Worldwide Product Marketing, Herbalife Nutrition
- Dr Lesley Braun, Executive Director, Blackmores Institute
- Akash Bedi, Chief Strategy & Operations Officer at Health & Happiness
- Dr. Tan Siow Ying, R&D Global External Innovation Lead at PepsiCo
- Josh Tetrick, CEO & Co-Founder of Eat JUST
- Dirk Schrader, Regional Portfolio and Product Management Director at Symrise
- David Lynas, Technical Director ASPAC at Tate & Lyle
- Inoshi Sharma, Director at Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Yoke Wong, VP, Technical at Symrise Flavor APAC
- Kathy Usic, CEO of Glycemic Index Foundation
- Christopher Mohr, Co-owner Mohr Results, Inc.
- Aaron Gong, General Manager aland China Brand Business and alandv Sports Nutrition
- Carl Gibson, Chief Executive Officer, Complementary Medicines Australia
- Ludi Marche, Director of Insights and Analytics Glanbia Nutritionals
- XiaoYu He, Asia Pacific Research Manager, Glanbia Nutritionals
- Christian Philippsen, Managing Director, BENEO Asia Pacific
- Professor Peter Howe, University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Thomas Teh, Nutritionist, Tate & Lyle
- Joerg Schnackenberg, Marketing Manager, AstaReal
- Laima Liepinyte, Business Development Manager, Arla
- Dr Itay Shafat, Product Manager, IFF
- Michelle Teodoro, Associate Director, Food Science APAC at Mintel
- Dr. Chyn Boon Wong, Research Associate at Morinaga Milk Industry
- Dr. Sigalit Zchut, Scientific Marketing Manager at Frutarom Netherlands BV
- Dr. Marcus Persson, Customer Innovation Director at AAK China
- Ben Dingle, CEO of Nuchev
- Hamutal Yitzhak, Co Founder, CEO and Chairwomen of Else Nutrition Holdings
- Alex Ward, Head of Regional Innovation APAC at Givaudan
- Michelle Lee, Asia Pacific Regional Marketing Leader at DuPont
- Eugene Wang, Founder of Sophie’s Kitchen
- Tao Zhang, Co-founder of Dao Foods International
- Varun Deshpande, Managing Director of Good Food Institute India
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Life-Space
- Dr. Satoshi Arai, Senior Research Associate, Morinaga Milk Industry
- George Paraskevakos, Executive Director, International Probiotics Association (IPA)
- Elisabet Nordstrom, Scientific Communication & Sales Support, Probi AB
- Ewa Husdson, Director of Insights Lumina Intelligence
- Charles Diao, Regulatory and Sourcing Manager, Health Products Association-China
FoodNavigator-Asia and NutraIngredients-Asia Editor-in-Chief Gary Scattergood said: "Asian countries are driving the global growth of food, beverage, nutraceutical and functional food sales - at a time when it has never been more important for businesses to better tap into new and expanding markets. Across the region, the future growth potential is huge, as incomes continue to rise, urbanisation gathers pace, life expectancy increases and consumer demands rapidly evolve.
"These factors will see regional food and beverage sales surge by more than 35% to $4.2tn the next four years alone, with APAC set to account for almost 40% of the total global market. For nutraceuticals and functional products, the sector is due to double to $135bn in Asia during the same period.
"Our groundbreaking Growth Asia 2020 series has addressed how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap these substantial rewards, with expert insights from a host of top brands across our six core categories."